Thursday, September 10, 2015

Saturday Roundup

I’m currently broke, no thanks to being cheated during Ramadan (damn you to hell) and the LASIK surgery, also in Ramadan. So these few months, I’ve been curbing my shopping habit (still managed to purchase some gorgeous arm candies though, all from my favourite brands heh) and looking for deals/bargains as I always do.

On another note, I’ve been tidying up my closet, drawers and dresser since I read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organising by Marie Kondo. Maybe one day I’ll share what I garner from this book. So what I found from all this tidying up is that I already have enough clothes. It’ll be some time before I purchase another piece of inner- or outerwear. I’ve stopped purchasing shoes for some time now as I concentrate more on collecting handbags. I’m a bagaholic, remember. And besides, I can will them later to my sister and nieces. So while I’ve stopped buying clothes and shoes, I still can’t stop lusting over handbags (and I love luxury branded ones) and accessories.





I’ve been planning to visit Mitsui Outlet Park (MOP) since the recent trip to Johor Premium Outlets but decided not to visit it when it just opened as I read that there were quite a few stores which had yet to open. (And besides, there’s the money issue as I mentioned above.) We finally decided to descend upon MOP last Saturday, 5 September 2015, after paying the MATTA Fair a quick visit.

Well, most shop lots at MOP are already opened for business. There is a huge parking area outside (and yet we sighted some cars parking outside the park when we exited) at RM2/hour or part thereof. The mall is spacious, or rather I didn’t feel it was very packed although there was a crowd alright. We wandered around and even checked the food court. Oh uh. The food and drinks aren’t kindly priced even at the food court especially if you bring your family along but there’s a myNEWS.com shop where you can buy sandwiches, crisps, snacks, cookies and drinks among other things at more reasonable prices (still higher than high street prices though methinks). We wandered from one store to another – I was looking out for accessories – but nothing really caught my fancy so after being there slightly longer than 2 hours, we left (and not long after, got caught in a heavy downpour all the way to Cyberjaya where we had early dinner at Salam Noodles at Shaftsbury Square. I love what I had and would definitely recommend the place).

Would I return? I find MOP a bit underwhelming but then again, I’ve always been a fussy lass. I might return but not anytime soon. As for JPO, I doubt there’ll be a third trip.

~~~~~~~~


I know I haven’t been writing much of late. I’m not abandoning this blog anytime soon, at least I don’t plan to! Sometimes there are times when I really feel I want to share something but can’t seem to put them into words. Writer’s block? Maybe. Anyway, July and August 2015 have been challenging months, financially, mentally and physically. Yes, August had been an especially testing, trying and tiring month indeed as we dealt with my dad’s health (which I mentioned about here) and I’ll just say that I’m glad to see the back of these couple of months. I hope it’ll be better from now on but we all know that our bodies and health deteriorate. I can only pray for my loved ones’ continued good health and wealth. Amen.